As a public employee, you are eligible for retirement benefits administered by the Department of Retirement Systems (DRS). Here are the most important things you need to do:
- Sign up for Online Account Access.
- Review your Plan Handbook.
- Public Safety Employees’ Retirement System (PSERS) Plan 2
- Law Enforcement Officers’ and Fire Fighters’ Retirement System (LEOFF) Plan 2
- Washington State Patrol Retirement System (WSPRS) Plan 2
- If you are a member of PERS, TRS or SERS review your Plan Choice information. You have 90 days to make a plan choice.
- If you are a higher education employee first hired on or after 7/1/11 and are eligible to participate in a HERP, review your choices. You have 30 days to make a choice.
- Sign up for DCP, a supplemental retirement savings program. Check with your employer to see if you are eligible.
- Fill out your beneficiary form.
- If you have prior membership in a DRS administered system or the retirement systems of Seattle, Tacoma or Spokane, contact us.
As a retirement plan member, you can get up-to-date information on this web site. You can also call or e-mail us with your questions.