- Bank Account Authorization
- Authorize DRS to debit your bank account for electronic payments.
- Employee Authorization for ePayment
- Allows employees to authorize DRS to debit their bank account, per the employer's electronic payment advice, for payments due to DRS.
- Quick Start DCP - Web Based Employer Transmittals
- A one-page guide providing step-by-step instructions for updating and submitting a DCP report online via WBET.
- Quick Start Retirement - Web Based Employer Transmittals
- A one-page guide providing step-by-step instructions for updating and submitting a retirement report online via WBET.
- Using the DRS Web-Based Services
- This 30-page publication provides instructions on how to log on and how to use DRS' Web-based applications.
- ePay Frequently Asked Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions about using ePay to make electronic payments.
These publications contain information that impacts many aspects of retirement, such as membership, reporting and legislation.
- Active Member Retirement Outlook
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR)
- The Comprehensive Annual Financial Report contains detailed information on DRS membership, financial statements, investment performance and actuarial methodology.
- DRS Notices and E-mails
- Refer to these official communications from DRS for reporting and administrative information for retirement and deferred compensation.
- Employer Handbook
- The Employer Handbook is a comprehensive source of information on eligibility and associated topics that support timely and accurate reporting of retirement and Deferred Compensation data to DRS.
- Summary Annual Financial Report (SAFR)
- The SAFR includes a brief summary of the retirement plans administered by DRS, statistics of the number of participants for each plan, financial statement of the pension assets, pension investment holdings and returns, and highlights of accomplishments for the year.
- Temporary Layoffs/Furloughs 2009-2011 Frequently Asked Questions
- If you're a retirement system member with questions about the impact of temporary layoffs (furloughs) on your benefit during the 2009-2011 biennium, this FAQ can help.
- Thinking About Retiring Early? (PERS, TRS and SERS Plans 2 and 3)
- Using Service Credit Earned Outside TRS (Plan 2)
- Includes an application in the PDF.
- Using Service Credit Earned Outside TRS (Plan 3)
- Includes an application in the PDF.
- Using or Purchasing Out-of-State Service Credit (TRS Plan 1)
- Includes an application in the PDF.
- Member Handbooks
- This is a list of member handbooks available. Select from the list to view, print, or order copies.
- Beneficiary Designation
- In addition to designating the beneficiary of retirement monies, the form includes a section for a $150,000 death benefit for PERS, PSERS, SERS, TRS, LEOFF and WSPRS members who die as a result of an injury sustained in the course of employment, or an occupational disease or infection that arises naturally and proximately out of covered employment.
- Employees Substitute Reporting Chart
- This is a quick reference chart to determine how to report an employee working in a school district or an educational service district (not for retirees). For retirees use the Retiree Returning to Work Charts.
- For new members of LEOFF or WSPRS; members returning to a LEOFF or WSPRS eligible position; or PERS elected or Governor-appointed officials; a city managers; or chief administrative officers of a court, port district, or public utility district.
- Independent Contractor Status Questionnaire
- Use this questionnaire to begin your research on whether an individual is an independent contractor or an employee.
- LEOFF Plan 2 Retiree Re-employment Form
- This form must be completed by a LEOFF Plan 2 retiree returning to work in a PERS, PSERS, SERS, or TRS eligible position. Retirees must choose between two options: to become a member of PERS, PSERS, SERS or TRS and temporarily suspend their LEOFF benefit; or not become a member and continue to receive their LEOFF benefit.
- Member History Chart
- This chart is for reporting an employee hired into an eligible position, but does not apply to retirees or substitutes.
- PSERS Eligibility Worksheet
- This worksheet is designed to assist Public Safety Employees' Retirement System (PSERS) employers to determine an employee's eligibility for PSERS membership.
- Position Eligibility Worksheet
- Determine position eligibility for PERS, SERS, TRS Plan 2 or TRS Plan 3. It is recommended that the employer verify the position eligibility status annually, particularly if the position is ineligible.
- Retiree Returning to Work Reporting Charts
- Use these charts to determine how to report retirees working in eligible, ineligible or educational substitute positions.
- Retirement Status (required by RCW 41.50.139)
- Documents whether the employee has been a member or retired from a Washington State retirement system.
- Annuity Guide
- Explains the annuity options that are available through the Plan 3 Self-Directed and Total Allocation Portfolio (TAP) programs. The forms to obtain an annuity are also included in this guide.
- Employer Guide - PERS, SERS, & TRS Plans 2 & 3
- This is a concise, 4-page reference aid to help employers administer retirement reporting for plan choice.
- Ongoing PERS, SERS & TRS Plan 2 & Plan 3 Items
- What publications are available? How do you schedule a seminar? What's a MIF and who gets it? Who has 90 days to choose? This important, four-page publication will answer your questions about plan choice for PERS, SERS and TRS members.
- Payment Advice Plan 3
- Report payments for Plan 3
- Plan 3 Change of Investment Program
- Use this form to change the investment program for your future contributions.
- Plan 3 Investment Guide
- The guide provides fund descriptions, fees, processing rules, and other information for both Self-Directed and WSIB investment programs.
- Plan 3 Request for Payment of Defined Contribution Funds - Includes Form
- For Plan 3 members who have terminated retirement covered-employment and who are eligible for withdrawal of contributions.
- Plan Choice Booklet
- New members of PERS, SERS and TRS have 90 days to choose between two different pension plans – Plan 2 or Plan 3. Inside this booklet you’ll find information, tools and resources that will help you determine your goals for retirement and how to best meet them.
- Plan Choice Video
- Get an overview of the basics in this brief video. New members of PERS, SERS and TRS have 90 days to choose between two different pension plans – Plan 2 or Plan 3.
- Authorization for Direct Deposit
- Have your retirement benefit deposited directly into your personal bank account. You should also complete an IRS form W-4P to advise the correct tax amount to be withheld.
- Name/Address Change
- For retirees, beneficiaries and former members. Active members: please update your name and/or address through your employer.
(Available online only.)
- January Plan Transfer Option
- This is a sample letter that advises eligible Plan 2 members of their option to transfer to Plan 3 each January.
- New Member Plan Choice
- This is a sample letter that advises new memebrs of their plan choice options.
- Plan 3 Member Changing Employers
- This is a sample letter that advises Plan 3 members of the contribution rate and investment program options they have if they change employers.
- How Can a Property Division Affect My Retirement Account?
- How Career Transitions Affect your Health Care Coverage and your Retirement Accounts
- Should you leave or change jobs, our career transitions information can help you understand the retirement account and health care decisions you’ll need to make.
- Withdrawal of Retirement Contributions (For Plan 1 and Plan 2 - Includes Form)
- For Plan 1 and Plan 2 members who have terminated retirement covered-employment and who are eligible for withdrawal of contributions and interest earned. When completing the request to withdraw your contributions, members need to also complete an IRS form W-9 to verify Social Security number prior to payment.
- Withdrawal of Retirement Contributions (For Plan 3 - Includes Form)
- See Plan 3 Request for Payment of Defined Contribution Funds.
- Retirement Reporting Reminders - Substitutes
- Learn how to avoid the most common transmittal reporting errors for substitutes working in school districts and educational service districts.
- SERS Plan 2 and Plan 3 Substitute's Guide (Includes Form)
- For classified substitutes who belong to SERS Plan 2 or Plan 3.
- SERS Plan 2 and Plan 3 Substitute's Guide Fact Sheet
- TRS Plan 1 Substitute Teacher's Guide to Obtaining Service Credit (Includes Form)
- For Substitute Teachers who belong to TRS Plan 1.
- TRS Plan 1 Substitute Teacher's Guide to Obtaining Service Credit Fact Sheet
- TRS Plan 2 and Plan 3 Substitute's Guide (Includes Form)
- For substitute teachers who belong to TRS Plan 2 or Plan 3.
- TRS Plan 2 and Plan 3 Substitute's Guide Fact Sheet
- Prelist Supplement Form
- For manual reports. Insert it into the prelist where you need extra pages.
- Retirement Reporting Reminders - General Tips
- Eliminate the common mistakes when reporting data or sending payments to DRS. Also three handy tips for determining eligibility like a pro!
- Retirement Reporting Reminders - Temporary Duty Disability
- Use this one-page aid to understand how to report members who are on temporary duty disability and the impact to their service credit.