- Bank Account Authorization
- Authorize DRS to debit your bank account for electronic payments.
- Employee Authorization for ePayment
- Allows employees to authorize DRS to debit their bank account, per the employer's electronic payment advice, for payments due to DRS.
- Quick Start DCP - Web Based Employer Transmittals
- A one-page guide providing step-by-step instructions for updating and submitting a DCP report online via WBET.
- Quick Start Retirement - Web Based Employer Transmittals
- A one-page guide providing step-by-step instructions for updating and submitting a retirement report online via WBET.
- Using the DRS Web-Based Services
- This 30-page publication provides instructions on how to log on and how to use DRS' Web-based applications.
- Affidavit of Attorney in Fact
- This completed form must accompany your Power of Attorney document.
- Beneficiary Designation
- Use this form to designate or change the person, estate, trust or organization to receive any money due from your retirement account at the time of your death.
- Contractor Status Form
- Use this form to verify whether or not a contractor who is directly compensated has retired using the 2008 Early Retirement Factors (ERF)
- Employees Working in School Districts & Educational Service Districts Reporting Chart
- This is a quick reference chart to determine how to report an employee working in a school district or an educational service district (not for retirees). For retirees use the Retiree Returning to Work Charts.
- For new members of LEOFF or WSPRS, or members returning to a LEOFF or WSPRS eligible position.
- Independent Contractor Status Questionnaire (Contractor Status)
- Use this questionnaire to begin your research on whether an individual is an independent contractor or an employee.
- LEOFF Plan 2 Retiree Re-employment Form
- This form must be completed by a LEOFF Plan 2 retiree returning to work in a PERS, PSERS, SERS, or TRS eligible position. Retirees must choose between two options: to become a member of PERS, PSERS, SERS or TRS and temporarily suspend their LEOFF benefit; or not become a member and continue to receive their LEOFF benefit.
- Member History Chart
- This chart is for reporting an employee hired into an eligible position, but does not apply to retirees or substitutes.
- Member Information Form
- Enrollment form new PERS, SERS or TRS members; for Plan 2 members who choose to transfer to Plan 3; or for Plan 3 members returning to eligible employment.
- PSERS Eligibility Worksheet
- This worksheet is designed to assist Public Safety Employees' Retirement System (PSERS) employers to determine an employee's eligibility for PSERS membership.
- Position Eligibility Worksheet
- Determine position eligibility for PERS, SERS, TRS Plan 2 or TRS Plan 3. It is recommended that the employer verify the position eligibility status annually, particularly if the position is ineligible.
- Retiree Returning to Work Reporting Charts
- Use these charts to determine how to report retirees working in eligible, ineligible or educational substitute positions.
- Retirement Status (required by RCW 41.50.139)
- Documents whether the employee has been a member or retired from a Washington State retirement system.
Notification of Death
- Notification of Death
- Employers use this form to notify the Department of Retirement Systems when a member, beneficiary or retiree has died.
Payments to DRS
- Credit Redistribution
- Redistribute previous retirement system payments.
- Higher Education Retirement Plan (HERP) Payment Advice
- Use this form to report contribution payments for the Higher Education Supplemental Benefit Fund to DRS. Other DRS retirement systems and Deferred Compensation Program payments have their own payment advice forms.
- Payment Advice
- Report Plan 1 and Plan 2 payments to DRS.
- Payment Advice DCP
- Report payment for the Deferred Compensation Program
- Payment Advice Plan 3
- Report payments for Plan 3
- Employer Guide - PERS, SERS, and TRS Plans 2 and 3
- This is a concise, 4-page reference aid to help employers administer retirement reporting for plan choice.
- Higher Education Employees Plan 3 Investment Program
- For employees of higher education institutions who become eligible for the higher education retirement plan on or after July 1, 2011, and who have elected to participate in the Washington State Teachers' Retirement systems (TRS) Plan 3 (with faculty status), or the Washington State Public Employees' Retirement System (PERS) Plan 3 (without faculty status). This form should be turned in to the employer.
- Ongoing PERS, SERS & TRS Plan 2 & Plan 3 Items
- What publications are available? How do you schedule a seminar? What's a MIF and who gets it? Who has 90 days to choose? This important, four-page publication will answer your questions about plan choice for PERS, SERS and TRS members.
- Plan 3 Change of Investment Program
- Plan 3 members use this form to select a new investment program for future contributions; this form should be turned in to the employer.
- Plan 3 Request for Payment of Defined Contribution Funds - Includes Form
- Refer Plan 3 members who have terminated retirement covered-employment and who are eligible for withdrawal of contributions and interest earned to ICMA-RC 1-888-711-8773 for the packet.
- Withdrawal of Retirement Contributions (For Plan 3 - Includes Form)
- See Plan 3 Request for Payment of Defined Contribution Funds.
- Plan Choice Booklet
- New members of PERS, SERS and TRS have 90 days to choose between two different pension plans - Plan 2 or Plan 3. Provide this booklet to a new employee who is eligible for plan choice (new members and or members with January transfer option) immediately upon hiring.
- Name/Address Change
- For retirees, beneficiaries and former members. Active members: please update your name and/or address through your employer.
- How Career Transitions Affect your Retirement Accounts
- Should you leave or change jobs, our career transitions information can help you understand the retirement account decisions you’ll need to make.
- Withdrawal of Retirement Contributions (For Plan 1 and Plan 2 - Includes Form)
- For Plan 1 and Plan 2 members who have terminated retirement covered-employment and who are eligible for withdrawal of contributions and interest earned. When completing the request to withdraw contributions, members need to also complete an IRS form W-9 to verify Social Security number prior to payment.
- Retirement Reporting Reminders - Substitutes
- Learn how to avoid the most common transmittal reporting errors for substitutes working in school districts and educational service districts.
- SERS Plan 2 and Plan 3 Substitute's Guide
- For classified substitutes who belong to SERS Plan 2 or Plan 3.
- TRS Plan 1 Substitute Teacher's Guide to Obtaining Service Credit
- Substitute Teachers who belong to TRS Plan 1.
- TRS Plan 2 and Plan 3 Substitute's Guide
- For substitute teachers who belong to TRS Plan 2 or Plan 3.
- Retirement Reporting Reminders - General Tips
- Eliminate the common mistakes when reporting data or sending payments to DRS. Also three handy tips for determining eligibility like a pro.
- Retirement Reporting Reminders - Temporary Duty Disability
- Use this one-page aid to understand how to report members who are on temporary duty disability and the impact to their service credit.