Beneficiary Designation Form
You will need to know...
The Beneficiary Designation Form:
- This two-page form is completed by all retirement eligible individuals.
- The form is common to all systems and plans. It is used to document beneficiary information in case of death prior to retirement.
- In addition to designating the beneficiary of retirement monies, the form includes a section for a one-time duty-related death benefit for PERS, PSERS, SERS, TRS, LEOFF and WSPRS members who die as a result of an injury sustained in the course of employment, or an occupational disease or infection that arises naturally and proximately out of covered employment.
- Provide this form at time of hire and if the member changes retirement systems. A separate form is needed for each retirement system.
- Retirees returning to work do not complete the Beneficiary Form unless they choose to terminate retiree status and return to active membership.
Note: The employee can choose to send the form directly to DRS, or to give the form to the employer to forward to DRS.
Access the Beneficiary Designation Form.