Chapter 7: Transmittal Codes
List of Type Codes by System
- 40 - Firefighter employed by Washington State University
- 41 - Law enforcement officer employed by a first class city
- 42 - Law enforcement officer employed by other than a first class city
- 43 - Law enforcement officer employed by a county
- 44 - Firefighter employed by a first class city
- 45 - Firefighter employed by other than a first class city
- 46 - Firefighter employed by any other entity (port authority, fire protection district, etc.)
- 47 - LEOFF member serving as an elected or appointed official at the state level
- 48 - Law enforcement officers employed by universities
- 49 - Law enforcement officers employed by port authorities
- 55 - Law Enforcement officer employed by Fish and Wildlife
Note: LEOFF employers must report any retiree working in a PERS position using P/0 (system/plan) and should refer to the PERS heading for the appropriate type code. Call DRS if you hire any retiree into a LEOFF position.
*Retirees and substitutes have special reporting requirements. Refer to the paragraph on Reporting Charts to Assist Employers with Type Codes for the specific type code to use.